Full-body deep tissue massage
Full-body massage relaxes, refreshes, and revitalizes you from head to toe. It relaxes chronic muscle contractions and tension; reduces adhesions in myofascia, the connective tissue that surrounds all of your muscle fibers; and provides focused therapy for areas of pain and discomfort. By increasing your blood and lymph circulation and helping your body flush toxins, it improves your energy and health. It also helps relax your mind and reduce psychological and emotional stress.
Sports massage is bodywork tailored for athletes wanting to enhance their athletic performance, reduce the potential for injury, and aid in injury rehabilitation. Pre-Event Massage prepares the body for athletic activity and creates physical conditions for optimal performance. Post-Event Massage speeds up recovery time after training and competition by reducing swelling of the tissues and development of adhesions that limit flexibility and mobility. Maintenance Massage increases flow of blood and nutrients to the muscles and loosens the muscles from each other, allowing them to slide against each other and maximize their power. Maintenance massage is performed on an on-going basis for athletes.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Reduces stress and tension. Improves ability to monitor stress signals.
- Improves physical and mental relaxation. Reduces depression and anxiety.
- Helps the body heal from the effects of fatigue, injury, and illness. Improves energy and sense of well-being.
- Reduces muscular pain, tension, stiffness, cramps, and fatigue. Improves muscle function.
- Reduces excessive scar tissue and adhesions. Stretches connective tissue.
- Improves joint mobility and range of motion. Improves posture.
- Improves blood circulation, which provides more nutrients to your body's tissues, flushes wastes and toxins away, and rejuvenates your skin. Reduces blood pressure.
- Improves lymph circulation, which strengthens your immune function and improves lymphatic drainage of wastes.
- Improves length and quality of sleep.
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing.
- Increases ability to concentrate. Promotes mental alertness and peace of mind.
- Lessens or relieves symptoms of such disorders as arthritis, asthma, athletic injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic and acute pain, circulatory problems, eyestrain, gastrointestinal disorders, headache, insomnia, myofascial pain, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction.